Foot Soak Indulgence: 3 easy recipes

Wednesday, October 17, 2012
When the days get longer and temperatures drop, I just love indulging in foot soaks. It's not only warming and soothing, but it helps me getting rid of any stress or worries. After putting my feet in the hot water for 10-15 minutes I usually sleep like a baby.



So here are 3 easy foot soak recipes for total relaxation:

  1. Rosemary& Lemon Sugar Scrub
  2. Organic Rose, Chamomile & Lavender Tea Soak
  3. Ylang Ylang & Milk Bath
Ingredients:





Rosemary & Lemon Sugar Scrub Preparation:

Put fresh rosemary leaves into 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, cut 2-3 lemon slices. Put 3-4 tablespoons of sugar (I prefer brown sugar) into a bowl, add the olive oil with rosemary, squeeze 1 lemon slice and stir. The scrub shouldn't be too wet or dry. Fill a bucket with hot water, add the other 2 lemon slices, some rose petals (optional) and massage the scrub into your feet. 

Organic Rose, Chamomile & Lavender Tea Preparation:

Fill a bucket with hot water, add 2-3 lemon slices, rose petals (optional) and organic tea bags. My favorite tea at the moment is the organic rose, chamomile and lavender flower tea from Pukka. It has all the right ingredients to soothe and balance. 



Ylang Ylang & Milk Bath Preparation:

Put 3-4 tablespoons of milk into a small bowl and add 2 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil; stir. Fill a bucket with hot water, add rose petals (optional) and the milk oil blend. 

Soak your feet for about 10-15 minutes and add some more hot water if necessary. Unwind and let go....

Let me know if you have some foot soak tips for me!

21 comments:

  1. I can't believe your blog is so new and yet looks like you've been doing it for ages! Your images are gorgeous and I love your point of view/writing. -Yasmin (BYW)

    http://banglesandbungalows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yasmin, thanks so much, this means a lot to me! I've been planning and visualizing my blog for a long time, but wasn't quite sure about the execution. So I'm happy I signed up for BYW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susanne, just discovered your blog via BYW, I love the design, it's so serene and simple. Your photos are great too.
    I am obsessed with foot 'relaxation' and I suffer badly from plantar fascitits so your soaks really appeal to me right now!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for visiting! Oh, that must be very painful for you! Have you tried to give yourself some foot massages? Lavender essential oil mixed with Jojoba really helps :)

      Delete
  4. That looks divine! I'm loving the look and feel of your blog and yes the photos are great!
    Annetta(BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Annetta! So glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Susanne, habe Dich gerade bei BYW entdeckt. Ich mag Dein Blog sehr. ;-) Ich habe die letzten Jahre immer mal wieder Yoga gemacht und werde vielleicht auch wieder damit anfangen. Viele grüße, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Viola, danke fürs Vorbeischauen! Hoffe, ich kann dich ein bisschen dazu inspirieren, wieder mit Yoga anzufangen :)

      Delete
  7. Footsoak looks like a dream to me right now! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susanne..your blog looks and sounds so soothing and relaxing that I wish I was there doing the foot soak alongside with you..The whole blog looks chic,simple an absolutely delicious!! fabulous job indeed!! Congratulation!! Awaiting many more interesting healing remedies..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will post more DIY remedies, I promise :)

      Delete
  9. Your blog is beautiful! I have the Pukka tea at hand so I know what I'm doing tonight, I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  10. So tempting on a cold rainy London day like this. The Rosemary one looks perfect to unwind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect to beat any rainy day, Geraldine! Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. Hello from the BYW Comment Train :-) So glad I found this post. I walk about 6km a day on average, so will definitely be trying out some of your foot soaks! Best wishes, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenni, thanks for visiting! Haha enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Süße!
    Bin nach wie vor schwer begeistert von Deinem Blog! Weiß nun, was jedenfalls das nächste Mal auf dem Programm steht, wenn ich nach HK komme: Fußmassage!!!! ;)))
    Freu mich schon auf weitere spannende Berichte und tolle Rezepte.
    Mach weiter so! Bussi Alex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Danke, Süße! Na ich hoff, du probierst schon ein paar Rezepte aus bevor du nach HK kommst :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes me so happy!