My first blog award!

Friday, October 26, 2012


Well, for today I had planned to do a DIY post but – sorry to disappoint you – this is not happening for the following 2 reasons:

- When checking my aromatherapy utensils this morning I realized I had run out of coconut oil. I’m serious, that’s not an excuse! Obviously, the time has come to start buying 1L bottles instead of 500ml ones. My aromatherapy teacher will be so proud!

- While eating my breakfast this morning, I got a tweet from the lovely Miranti from Pen & Peplum saying she nominated my little blog for the Liebster Award. Again, I’m serious; I’m not suffering from delusion!

So, according to the rules of the Liebster Award, I need to write a post answering 11 embarrassing interesting questions from the nominator, state 11 unknown facts about me and choose another 11 nominees for this award who have to answer my smart questions. Sounds fun, right?

Here we go - Miranti's questions:

1. What did you want to be when you were growing up? A prima ballerina or singer. Unfortunately I had to realize early on that both wouldn’t work out: I’m too short and I can’t carry a tune

2. What is one simple pleasure you like to incorporate in your life daily? Meditation

3. Most memorable meal? This fantastic seafood dinner we had in a hidden gem in Venice on our honeymoon

4. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be? That’s a tough one, but I’d say Siena, Italy

5. How do you handle stress? Meditating or doing uncontrollable dance moves

6. If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do for work? Travel writer

7. If you had to tattoo one word on your body, what would that word be? Actually, I already have one and it says “Hawaii” in Chinese (I’m not going into any details here, haha)

Photo Credit


8. Favorite drink? Coffee, coffee, coffee…

9. What one item of clothing best describes your style? A scarf…I just love scarves

10. If you could decorate your workspace however you wanted, what would be your feature color? Turquoise

11. What is your favorite season? Definitely spring!


OK, here are 11 facts about me that up until now only my close friends knew:

1. We had 3 weddings on 3 continents and I wore red wedding shoes

2. I sleep on my belly. I know I’m such a baby

3. My hubby says that the food I cook best is Beef Goulash

4. I spent one long, memorable summer term in Honolulu and didn’t want to leave at all (question about my tattoo answered now?)

5. When I was little, I always wanted a dog, but my parents didn’t allow it. After waiting for 25 years, I finally have my furry companion

Photo Credit


6. I’m a bookworm

7. Friends say I’m good at impersonating. Perfect for boring parties…

8. When I first came to Hong Kong, my plan was to stay for half a year only. It’s been 6 years now

9. During university, I taught step-aerobic classes in community centers

10. If I could invite 4 famous personas (dead or alive) to my dinner party, I’d have Agatha Christie, B.K.S Iyengar, Rene´ Maurice Gattefosse and Omara Portuondo over

11. My guilty pleasure: watching and singing to Dirty Dancing with my best friend


My 11 nominees for the Liebster Award are the following lovely & inspiring blogs – keep up the good work! My apologies if your blog has already well exceeded 200 followers, I think you deserve the award anyway:


Eva from Food Vegetarisch

Alex from Around Minetta 

Lory from Pack of Packs 

Kaho from Chuzai Living

Viola from Kikabu

Anna from Mischief, Flapjacks, Pantone and Me

Amalia from Handmade by Amalia

Tina from Tinarawatta

Renae from The Blank Caravan

Aimee from Mummy’s Intuition

Yasmin from Bangles and Bungalows



And these are my questions for you:


1. If you had to give your blog a popular song title, what would it be?

2. What’s your funniest travel experience?

3. Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?

4. Are you a city- or country-girl?

5. If you could swap lives with anybody (dead or alive) – who would it be?

6. What’s your top inspiration source for your blog?

7. Who is your favorite book character?

8. Three things you always carry in your bag?

9. Name of your (imaginary) pet?

10. What’s your favorite Sunday past time?

11. What's your best but most useless skill?


Really excited to read all your answers!

16 comments:

  1. Susanne, wie schön, ich freu mich. Eigentlich wollte ich gerade blogmäßig etwas kürzer treten, weil ich mit dem BYW-Stuff kaum hinterher komme, aber nächste Woche finde ich bestimmt ein bisschen Zeit für Deine Fragen. Dankeschön! Viele grüße, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mir geht's genauso wie Viola, ich freu mich :)
    Und Antworten gibt's dann in der nächsten Woche.

    Herzliche Grüße
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is my first time on your blog and I love how you set up your story and shared your answers. Your questions are fantastic (my imaginary pet?!).

    Good luck in the contest,
    -ish (byw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! So happy you like my questions :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun idea! I love hearing random facts about people. That photo of your dog is amazing. Also, your blog is really pretty (great layout, colors, etc.)
    Best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Sarah! I love reading unknown facts about people too :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats fellow Liebster:) I've just done my posting too. Liking the questions you've set up. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Geraldine! Need to check out your answers :) Congrats!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for nominating me! I look forward to considering your questions - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pleasure, Yasmin! Excited to read your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun read, Susanne! I love that you had 3 wedding on 3 continents and wore red shoes, I LOVE your dog, and I love your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, thanks, Miranti! Oh but the dog above is not mine unfortunately :) Just found this photo and thought it's hilarious. You can see my dog on one of my yoga photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for nominating me for the blog award! I am honored. I, however, have to confess that I might not be able to play along. I have 3 little monkey kids that I take care of and they are all young. There will be birthdays, Thanksgiving (my hubby is American), and Christmas coming up starting from next week. I hate to say excuses, but it's a challenge for me to blog consistently even though I have so much I would love to blog. I hope you understand. :( I love your questions. I am definitely a city girl. I like your blog and I am happy to have blog-met you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries, Kaho! Just wanted to nominate your blog because I really think you deserve an award :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes me so happy!